Your Privacy is Very Important to Us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
Last Revision Date: July 20, 2022
Consuela, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://consuelastyle.com/ (our “Website”) or when you visit one of our retail locations controlled by Consuela and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you make a purchase, create an account, sign up for our email list, provide a product review or rating, submit a nomination through our It’s Not About the Bag program or otherwise contact us. The information we collect may include your name, billing and shipping address(es), email address, payment card information, phone number, account username and password, and product rating or review. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or through your search queries.
If you do not want to accept cookies, this policy will also explain to you how you can change your settings to avoid them. However, we can’t guarantee that all parts of our website will function properly if certain cookies are not accepted.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the website
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the Website to operate and are already set. These are strictly necessary for the sale of products requested by you and without them, our Website cannot operate as intended.
Other uses of cookies:
These cookies allow the tracking and analysis of users’ website performance. They allow website operators to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate inside the website. This helps to improve the way a website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
These cookies help us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our Website and to help us improve the structure of our Website (we cannot identify you personally in this way).
These are used to recognize website users when they return to a website. This enables website operators to personalize content for users and remember their preferences. These cookies help us recognize you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly; - speed up searches; and/or - within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
These cookies record visits to websites, the pages users visit and the links they follow. This information is used to make websites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to users’ interests. Information gathered by these cookies may be shared with third parties for the same purposes.
Where to find information about controlling cookies
Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use it.
Some browsers include a feature known as ‘Do Not Track’ or DNT. This allows you to indicate a preference that websites should not track you. However, while DNT is available in many browsers, websites are not required to recognize its request, so it may not always work. You can get help on how to use DNT in Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
For more information on how private browsing works as well as its limitations, visit the support pages for your browser: Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (mobile and desktop) and Opera.
We may use Adobe Flash Player to display video or image content. It may not be possible to block or restrict flash cookies using your browser settings. However, information on how to control flash player privacy and security settings is available from the Adobe website at: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Our goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience. We use customer data for various reasons, including to better understand our customers’ interests and preferences so we can personalize their experience both online and in stores: i.e., to help us deliver relevant information to them, to make sure they have seamless and streamlined shopping transactions, and to offer promotions on products and services they care most about.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To register your account and maintain it
- To administer our website
- To keep you informed about our products and Consuela
- To process orders, purchases, refunds, payments and other transactions
- To contact you regarding your order
- To respond to your customer service inquiries
- To provide you with information about our products and/or events (if you asked us to do so)
- To notify you of any changes to the site or our goods or services
- To analyze and monitor our customers' pattern so that we can improve our products
- To help us tailor our offerings to your shopping preferences to enable an enhanced customer experience
- To allow the proper functioning of our website and improve our site and products;
- To maintain the accuracy of our records
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION DISCLOSED?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including payment processing through Shopify.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Consuela, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Consuela, LLC, about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Consuela, LLC, our customers, or others.
California residents may take advantage of the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
You can make a CCPA request for disclosure or deletion by clicking HERE.
Alternatively, to take advantage of any of these rights, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512.894.3600
In each case, we may need to request additional information from you for verification purposes. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to the exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your request within the timeframe required by the CCPA, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, payment card information associated with you, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We may, under the CCPA’s definition of “sale”, be deemed to sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, payment card information associated with you, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under this section of our Notice.
Residents of the European Economic Area have the following rights concerning the personal information collected from and about you on the website:
- The right to request access to such personal information;
- The right to amend, delete, and/or restrict the processing of such personal information;
- In some instances, the right to object to the processing of such personal information;
- In some instances, the right to request that we export, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable, and interoperable format, and transmit to another controller, such personal information; and
- The right to withdraw, at any time, any consent to the processing of such personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com and as a reminder, you may always log in and amend the information you provided to establish your account.
We may transfer your personal information to locations outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States. When we do, we use Standard Contractual Clauses, and some of our Preferred Providers may rely on Standard Contractual Clauses, Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules, to help ensure we and our Preferred Providers respect your privacy rights and protect the transfer your personal information to the United States, where it will be processed and stored.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under this section of our Notice.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the website to, nor do we knowingly, collect any information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
MOBILE TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated: July 20, 2022
The Consuela mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Consuela (“Consuela”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Consuela’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Consuela through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, new product drops, events, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Consuela. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18889974898 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Consuela mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18889974898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.”